Startup Ballymun hosted its Export to Grow event in the Ballymun Civic Centre. There was a line up of great speakers including our very own Eoin Murray representing B4b.
This was a free event for businesses in and around the area and there was plenty to take advantage of:
- Free business mentoring from LEO Dublin City – Carol Cousins, Siobhan Riordan and Lisa Cunningham
- Partner information stands: LEO Dublin City, EEN the Enterprise Europe Network, Dublin North West Area Partnership, North Dublin Chamber of Commerce, Innovate Dublin, Enterprise Ireland and of course B4b.
- Partner speakers include the Enterprise Europe Network based at Dublin Chamber offering support and advice to SMEs to make the most of business opportunities beyond Irish and European Union borders. Also see EEN Ireland
- Showcasing their business was also B4b members – Marie-Claire Byard from Now Media and Deborah Crowley from the delicious Funky Monkey Foods.
- Delicious refreshment and light food, provided by Supervalu Ballymun.
There was a very strong panel of speakers. Sharing their inspiring stories and lessons learnt. The talented line up featured – Sam Kelly Tweeting Goddess and of the Women’s Inspire Network, Noreen Doyle co-founder and CEO of award-winning the Irish Biltong Company, Charlie Sherlock founder of blockchain technology based meds verifier CheckItsReal, Ronan Clarke founder of Smart Surfaces who Reinvent the way you work, and from Ireland with Grá Mark Loftus of the PaddyBox.
Event moderator: Billy Linehan of Celtar business consultants
Are you considering exporting?
Here’s why you should:
- Increase profitability, and sales. On average, businesses that export are more profitable than those who do not
- Diversify risks selling to a wider geographical spread that lessens the impact from local downturns.
- Economies of scale and lower production costs. Exporting allows you to take advantage of economies of scale.
- Knowledge and skills are transferred from buyers to domestic firms when they start exporting.
- Increased Lifetime of Product or Service, by staggering the launch in different locations. So, as the product reaches maturity at home you can launch elsewhere.