- This event has passed.
StartUp Ballymun – ‘Boost Your Business!’
November 16, 2017 @ 4:00 pm - 7:30 pm
BOOST YOUR BUSINESS!
We are back!
Welcome to StartUp Ballymun’s fourth evening event, on Thursday the 16th of November in the Civic Centre, Ballymun.
Aimed at startups and owners of small businesses we present:
- a panel of entrepreneurs to share their stories of growing a business, with an emphasis on how digital technology has enabled the business to compete with larger companies
- a speaker from the IEDR , the Irish Internet Domain Registry, sharing their market intelligence on where digital opportunities exist
- information and guidance from local enterprise partners
- free mentoring from the expert mentors of LEO Dublin City
- real-time evaluations of your on-line social media presence (for businesses only) from digital business advisers
- network with our panel and other business owners
4pm Free business mentoring provided by experienced mentors of LEO Dublin City
PLUS Advice on getting more from your social media platforms. Drop-in, no booking required
Information and advice on offer from our good friends at Enterprise Ireland – the IEDR Ireland’s Domain Registry – LEO Dublin City – Ballymun4business – the Dublin NorthWest Area Partnership – the North Dublin Chamber of Commerce
5.30pm Presentation by Oonagh McCutcheon of IEDR – Ireland’s Domain Registry on research into what makes a successful website
5.55pm Welcome by Brian Staunton, Vice-chair of the Ballymun4business network & General Manager Musgrave Market Place.
6.00pm The Entrepreneur Panel of guest speakers, presentations by business owners on how technology enabled the growth of their enterprises
– Caroline Carswell of Sound Advice – a proactive advisor to government, public and startup entities, Caroline brings hearing and ability awareness to the education, health, innovation and employment spaces
– Ciara Garvan of Workjuggle – an online, curated platform which connects highly skilled professionals with companies who need those skills on a flexible basis; part-time, remote or contract opportunities
– Jason Kearns of Guardian Safety – Founded Guardian Safety, health and safety trainers and safety consultants, in 2005, Jason is a qualified health and safety practitioner (CMIOSH)
– Margaret O’Reilly of Grand Designs – a qualified cabinet maker set up a manufacturing company CTR Manufacturing Ltd in 2009, and opened a second business & showroom in 2012, Grand Designs Kitchen & Bedrooms Ltd.
7.00pm Questions & Answers. Followed by networking and refreshments
Usually we are finished and out of the building by 8pm
The evening is facilitated by Billy Linehan of Celtar business consultants
Council Chambers, Civic Buildings, Main Street, Ballymun, 2 minutes from Exit 4 M50
There is plenty of parking options in Ballymun including the Shopping Centre car park opposite the Civic Buildings and on-street car-parking options on Main St. and Shangan Road
The venue is served by Dublin Bus. The No. 4 and 13 Bus will take you to/from the City Centre. Other buses are the No. 17a and the No. 220 from Blanchardstown.
StartUpBallymun is an initiative of the Dublin City Council economic development unit in Ballymun, north Dublin. And is part of the promotion of enterprise and business startups in Ballymun and nearby.
Economic Development Officer, Ballymun Town Civic Alliance, Dublin City Council