- This event has passed.
The Business of Sport & Fitness
April 26, 2017 @ 4:00 pm - 7:30 pm
The first @StartUpBallymun event for 2017 will be on the 26th of April.
‘The Business of Sport and Fitness’ presents 6 entrepreneurs sharing their experiences of “running” businesses in the Sport and Fitness sector.
6 speakers will describe how they started, the challenges overcome, success and failures, and plans for the future.
- Learn where they see opportunities lie in the future
- Learn how they harness digital technology to manage and promote their enterprises
- Learn from others, real live case studies
First speakers announced
- Yvonne Brady of EVB Sport See https://evbsport.com
“EVB Sport shorts, leggings & capris have a patent pending design engineered to mimic the body’s core muscles; create a comfortable ‘firming’ effect; prevents irreversible muscle and lower back damage, and reduces the risk of long term damage and protects your core”
Irish Daily Mirror
- Sean Boland of BewellPhysio.ie See http://bewellphysio.ie/
“Be Well Physio is a dynamic and modern sports and spinal injuries physiotherapy clinic. We offer a wide range of services including strength and conditioning, massage therapy, dry needling and orthotics in a warm and friendly environment.”
- Micheal McCarthy and William Lowry of Kick Start Movements.See https://www.facebook.com/KickStartMovements/
“Kick Start Movements is an all-new physical and nutritional programme for kids. The brainchild of two GAA stars (William Lowry and Michael McCarthy), Kick Start Movements, is an innovative new way to encourage physical activity, healthy food awareness and social interaction in children, delivered through childcare facilities in Ireland”.
- Annette Smith of Tennis4Kids, see https://www.tennis4kids.ie/
“Discover the benefits of Mini Tennis – Tennis4kids is a uniquely designed tennis programme for children aged between 5 and 12. Children of all abilities and levels of co-ordination will fall in love with tennis in a safe, supportive setting. Smaller courts, softer balls and perfect-sized rackets for smaller hands mean children can develop at their own pace, having fun in an enjoyable environment.”
Other activities on the day include:
- Question & Answer session with the panel.
- Networking with our speakers
- Stands from local businesses, LEO Dublin City and partners
- Free 1-2-1 business mentoring from expert mentors of the Dublin City Local Enterprise Office– Refreshments
PARKING: There is plenty of parking options in Ballymun including the Shopping Centre car park opposite the Civic Buildings and on-street car-parking options on Main St. and Shangan Road
PUBLIC TRANSPORT: The venue is adequately served by Dublin Bus. The No. 4 and 13 Bus will take you to/from the City Centre
StartUpBallymun is an initiative of the Dublin City Council economic development unit in Ballymun, north Dublin. And is part of the promotion of enterprise and business startups in Ballymun and nearby.Liam BarryEconomic Development Officer, Ballymun Town Civic Alliance, Dublin City Council