The Ballymun Area Office of Dublin City Council has opened a business support initiative for small businesses in the Northwest Area of the City. The aim is to assist business owners to respond to the challenges arising from the pandemic and from Brexit. Enterprises located in the local electoral areas of Ballymun-Finglas-Ballygall can make an application to meet with a business mentor who will contact you to offer advice and guidance.
The Ballymun Area Office has formed an independent panel of highly qualified business experts. Local business owners can avail of up to 6 hours of sessions with one of these experts who may assist in the following key areas:
- Business and Financial planning
- Business strategy
- Performance management
- Sales & Marketing
- Digital marketing
- Advice on funding
- Business organisation
- Information on supports from Government and other business support agencies
Businesses should be located in Dublin City Council’s Northwest Area that is the electoral areas of Ballymun-FInglas-Ballygall. If you are unsure whether your business is within the catchment area, please contact the local area office of Ballymun 01 222 5610 or Finglas 01 222 5400.
Upon receiving your application we will carry out an initial needs assessment over the phone. Then we will assign a mentor from our panel. In light of the Covid-19 restrictions, mentor sessions will take place using online video conferencing platforms (Zoom, Skype or Microsoft Teams).
- Clients will be allocated up to 6 hours with a mentor
- One assignment per business is offered.
- A minimum of 24 hours’ notice must be given prior to cancellation or postponement of a meeting.
- Assignments must be completed with 3 months
- The initiative is open to businesses operating in the northwest local electoral areas of Ballymun – Finglas – Ballygall.
- Businesses must have an active trading history of a minimum of 2 years and employ between 1 and 50 staff.
- Turnover < €10 million
- Pre start-ups or very early stage businesses are not eligible for the scheme and should contact LEO Dublin City or the Dublin Northwest Partnership
- Head to the DCC website for the application form: Dublin City Council Northwest Area Business Advice Service
- The application will be reviewed by a member of our team and if appropriate a mentor will be assigned
- The mentor who will contact you within 3 working days
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01 222 5652